HighVista’s U.S. Lower Middle Market Private Equity Strategy has invested approximately $3 billion since 1995 in building differentiated portfolios of small private companies.
The team has over 125 years of combined investment experience and has developed a rigorous investment process led by former direct private equity professionals. We are strategically focused on the lower middle market, which we believe to be less efficient and which provides an attractive risk/reward versus the broader private equity investment universe. We partner with specialized managers and independent sponsors to construct portfolios we believe can significantly outperform broader markets. Clients can invest in commingled funds and via separately managed accounts.
Focused on the least efficient segment of the private equity ecosystem
Strategically concentrated across co-investments, funds, and secondaries
Partnering with managers with specialized expertise
Primary Fund Investments
- Access to capacity constrained leading managers
- Exposure to experienced emerging managers
- Leveraging more than two decades of relationship building
- Led by investment team with direct private equity heritage
- Evaluating over 300 opportunities annually
- Partnering with funded and independent sponsors
- Opportunistically pursuing GP- and LP-led secondaries
- Leveraging private equity team’s institutional knowledge of underlying assets in underwriting