HighVista’s Venture Capital Strategy’s principal mission is to invest in those specific early-stage venture funds that are most likely to back the next wave of category defining companies.
Our team has more than 25 years of experience sourcing and evaluating venture funds and enjoys market leading access to some of the venture industry’s premier fund managers. We construct strategically concentrated portfolios with an early-stage emphasis complemented by select exposure to growth stage, market leading companies.
Investment perspective shaped by engagement across market cycles
Optimal point of entry to yield a portfolio geared for outperformance
The Right Access
Access to leading managers, differentiated as much by exclusion as by inclusion
Moderate Fund Size
Strategically concentrated, forcing a “high bar” for manager selection
- Designed to be strategically concentrated in strong performing, access-constrained funds
- Emphasis on early-stage where we think the potential for outperformance is highest
- Information technology focus with select commitments to life sciences and blockchain
- Growth stage investments in commercial stage companies with reduced technical risk
- Enhances the strategy’s return profile given typically shorter duration before liquidity
- Focus on smaller, mature venture secondaries in highly restrictive managers or key target assets
- Leverages the venture capital team’s institutional knowledge of underlying assets